Which Network Are We Talking About?
The beauty of networks is the interconnections of all the networks, to form only ONE single network.
But (waw!) what a PUZZLE!
A good working and efficient network all the time, is not ALWAYS the CASE!
In the case of a station to station network, all the computers are equal. Each one remains independent, while placing certain resources at the disposal of the others.
In the case of a network of the type “client/server”, there exists a hierarchy on two levels:
1- The server
It is a computer without a user, who centralizes the resources shared between the stations. Thus, such resource is available in permanence and does not depend any more a presence or not of a user on his station. In order to satisfy the requests of the whole workstations of the network, it has an advanced configuration: a swift processor, a great quantity of memory, one or more hard disks of great capacity… Certain manufacturers propose machines designed specifically for this use; their average price varies from 2.000 to 3.500 $.
2- The clients
The stations connected on the network are simple workstations, which exploit the resources placed at the disposal by the server: they are the “clients”. Their configuration is adapted and centered on the user’s needs.
Thus, a bottom-of-the-range configuration will be sufficient for a station dedicated to the office automation products (text processing, spreadsheet…).
The undeniable advantage of this architecture is evolutionarily: it is unlimited! Progressively with your expansion, you connect the additional stations without concern. And it is enough to add a new server to answer the number growing of requests due to the addition to stations.
However, on the software side, to set up a strategy of security will quickly become necessary, and an experimental network administrator will be necessary.
$$ The budget $$
Of course, it all depends on the number of workstations and the options selected. Count for example an investment of $20.000 approximately in the case of a network installation supplements with purchase of a park of 10 PC, 1 server, 1 hub and 1 router.
For an estimate adapted to your needs, and the choices which you will make, please contact us to have the price of the various components of your network:
The physical material
Network operating system
We carry out a complete analysis of the current network architecture with an aim of stabilizing it:
- Examine the existing protocols
- Examine the infrastructure of existing wiring
- Test the compatibility of your peripherals
- Test if it is necessary to level it (S) waiter (S) and customer (S)
- Examine the compatibility of your network services
- Examine the security and the safety of the network
- Examine the non-windows systems compatibility and services
There are many WiFi advantages to users. Let’s have a closer look at them:
- WI-FI uses unlicensed radio spectrum and does not require regulatory approval for individual deployers.
- It allows local area networks (LANs) to be setup without cabling. The can reduce associated costs of network connection and expansions. Places where cables cannot be run, such as outdoor areas and historical buildings can use wireless LANs.
- WI-FI products are extensively available in the market. There are different brands of access points and user’s network interfaces are able to inter-operate at a very basic service level.
- Prices are considerably lower as competition amongst vendors’ increases.
- WI-FI networks can support roaming. This allows mobile users with laptop computer to be able to move from one access point to another.
- Numerous access points and network interfaces support various degrees of encryption to protect traffic from interception.
- WI-FI has a set of global standards. Not like the cellular carriers, the same WI-FI users can work in different countries around the world at all time.